Crafton Hills College Logo
  • Jumpstart 2 College 

    Students at Redlands High School have the opportunity to take classes on college campuses while enrolled as a full time high school student.  Many students take advantage of this to get a head start on college, to completed more rigorous coursework to help with university admissions, or for personal enrichment. Students have two pathways in which this can be done - Dual Enrollment on a RUSD High School campus or by taking a college class at a community college.

    Dual Enrollment Partnership Program

    Jumpstart Dual Enrollment classes are college classes taught on RUSD high school campuses after school and in the evenings by Crafton Hills College professors. The classes are for high school students only.  Students earn college credit that is UC, CSU, and CC transferrable and high school credits.  These classes and the books associated with the classes are provided at no cost to students (free). Students may obtain all information online on the RUSD website at Once there, click on the Programs Tab, College and Career Pathways, and the CHC Dual Enrollment.  Students interested in enrolling must first complete an online application to Crafton at, and then complete an enrollment paperwork Packet.  All paperwork must be returned to Mrs. Walsh in the Counseling Office.

    Registration for Spring Dual Enrollment is currently underway.  You can download an enrollment packet below:

    Spring 2019 Course Offerings and Registration Packet 

    Please note that successful completion of college courses while in high school greatly enhances a student's college application.   

    On the College Campus Dual Enrollment

    On Campus Dual Enrollment is for high school students wishing to take a class on a community college campus.  It is not limited to Crafton Hills College. RHS students frequently take classes at San Bernardino Valley College as well.  Students apply to the college and fill out the same paperwork as for Dual Enrollment at with the addition of the Health and Wellness form and a sealed high school transcript from their counselor.  At San Bernardino Valley College, click here to go to the High School Concurrent Enrollment page. Completed paperwork along with a high school transcript signed by the counselor or our Records Clerk must accompany the application.  The paperwork must be turned into the appropriate admissions office of the college the student is planning to attend.  Like Jumpstart Dual Enrollment classes, there is no cost to the student to enroll in a class concurrently, but students are financially responsible for purchasing needed textbooks. Courses taken in this manner will not be added to a student's high school transcript for elective credit but, may be transferable to a university.  

    Finished Taking a College Class?

    Once a student has completed a Jumpstart Dual Enrollment class, the course will be automatically added to a student's transcript if they earn a C or better in the course.  The student will earn high school elective credit and the grade will be calculated into the student's Academic GPA.  No weight will be added to the grade in calculating GPA. 

    For students taking an on campus course, once grades have been posted to the student's college transcript, students should request an official copy be sent to Redlands High School.  Our Records Clerk will post the course(s) taken and grade(s) to the top of the transcript to alert anyone reviewing the transcript to the outside work completed.  These college classes will not be calculated into the student's GPA nor will they satisfy high school graduation requirements.

    Comments (-1)